Monday, November 24, 2008

Final destination....



Yesterday, as usual, that evening I went to the mosque to perform asar prayer. Everything seemed to be normal but I sensed the atmosphere had changed a bit. The what is vague that I couldn't figure it out very well. After completing my responsibility, my eyes were driven towards the notice board that it said there would be a yaasin recitation held by a citizen that day. I was intrigued whether the host is going to Mecca for going on a pilgrimage or maybe it was an invitation to a feast.

This morning, I followed my father to the mosque again for subh prayer. Usually, I find it's quite hard to wake up early but recently, I guess a spirit has been given a privilege to have a sovereign on me that I even follow my dad to perform subh prayer at the mosque. It was peculiar that there were more than five lines of people bowing down and prostrating together to Allah. The air was really different from before. Is that too long that I hadn't return to home or is it just me who thought too much. 

Normally, dad leaves the mosque early once completing the task because he has to go for work afterwards. I waited at the parking site on our motorcycle. Several minutes later, everyone was passing through the gate one by one but I couldn't even see my dad's shadow. Weirdly, the Jamaah was heading towards a house. Not to be watched waiting for nothing, I just followed the stream. I heard many shapeless sound and I couldn't focus on what they are talking about. Upon reaching the house, I finally got the idea from some whispering sound that I eavesdropped. It was striking me to hear that Haji Hashim was dead last night.

At its house, everyone searched for a place to sit and was ready to recite yaasin for the deceased.  Here I found my dad and we sat together. Yaasin recitation was led by an imam but I was hesitant whether to recite it or not. I have learnt before that the recitation would not reach the deceased and I was quite sure that the knowledge I possessed was from believable sources. I observed my dad's mouth continually saying something but I was sure that it was not yaasin. Between culture and knowledge, I hardly chose just to recite some good prayers for the dead while reminding myself about the death. (Refer to 'Fathul Bari' book written by al-imam ibnu hajar al-asqalani or many other great books by our prominent and respectful imams about this topic for further information)

The good deed of an Adam's son is cut off except for three things:
1.His prolonged sadaqah that is left behind
2.Prayers by GOOD sons and daughters
3.The useful knowledge that was shared along his life

To my friends, yes, theoretically we can say that we have 40 to 50 years more left to get prepared to return to the sole Allah. However, always remember that time is also a creation of the God that it will somehow be perished out of our knowledge. Today, we may have a personal driver bringing us in a big car but tomorrow we might have the 'drivers of Allah' carrying us in a big coffin heading for the cemetery. Today, we might want others to follow our direction but tomorrow we may end up being directed towards the only path which is a new and only eternal life.



Allah is fair and just that He grants us with chances to choose. The chances are scattered all along our avenue but due to our blinded eyes, deafened ears and stupefied heart, we rarely want to pick the chances up NOW. When the time has came, then it will be a sign that the room to choose is no longer exist and we won't find the returning way back forever and ever. Remember that death is the next destination! Whether we want to move straight or backward, death will still await for us to step on it. 

Wassalam.

8 comments:

Faizul Syafiq said...

Hey Stab, a very useful post you have here. It remind us of our true purpose of existence and the inevitable of death. But don't you think time does not passes unless we're fully aware of how we utilize it or what we do with it?

And right, as if we believed Allah is the creator for everything, it's only natural for us to believed that time itself is also another creation of Allah. I would like to share my opinion with you on this matter. I believed Allah is never bounded by time, as Allah has created it. Due to this reason, it seems to me that all the past, all the upcoming future, and the present we're facing with are all the same to Allah. In my opinion, everything has already taken place and finished for Allah. What do you think?

I'll try to give you an analogy to illustrate my points better. Just as we can easily see a Stabillo pen's body parts, its grip, its writing point, and of course also all the units and parts within both end as a whole, that's how I feel how Allah knows our entire life span. Whether we called it fate, destiny, or "qada' dan qadar", I'm sure for Allah, all of it are as if it were a single moment, right straight from its beginning up till the end (or possibly there's no end for us in the hereafter). Henceforth, the obvious implications of what is previously stated is that I can only experience or find the result of the relation with the girl I admired so far only when the time comes, which I will witness the fate Allah has created for me(Stab please pray all the best for me =((( ). The fate Allah has created for me is of course, has been willed in timelessness. For Allah, what's going to happened between us in the future have already been performed and all of these events have been lived throughoutly and also ended.Please correct me where I'm wrong...

van der shraaf said...

salam...
remember me?

Stabilo Soleh said...

to blur:

don worry so much bout da gurl!!! if the destiny decides to let u meet each other afterwards in ur life, it will be great as u are hoping 4..but if it happens vice versa, hmm, another one is waiting 4 u insyaallah..

to acap:

of cos stil ingatla....

hudhud said...

Mabruk ya akh...
proud to be your friend..
keep up your good work in spreading dakwah by bloggin..^^

Lili said...

salam...

update pon akhirnye...

Muizz said...

Salam..Alhamdulillah...baru anna teringat nama kitab tu Fathul Barri..


komen2..kongsi skit Ilmu.

Tentang sampai x sampai bacaan Yaasin tu menjadi khilaf(perselisihan) para alim ulamak jadi sebaiknya kita jika ada kelapangan masa dan ketika,kalau kita nak baca pun x jadi masalah..x msuk kepada si mati ..masuk kepada kita...Kita Doakan agar roh Allahyarham Haji Hashim dicucuri Rahmat dan mendapat keampunan Allah SWT..

Alhamdulillah Stab Memang Soleh...SUBUH2..hehe..

*sorry erh dalam BM jer kita nie..hehe..saje practise tulis BM sbb kat kolej dah banyak cakap BI...hahah..betul ker!!???

Rabiatul Adawiah Sulaiman said...

update?

Anonymous said...

salam teman!!! got to have a miracle to accidentally drop by here, maybe the 'times' had slowly crossed out my existence in your memories by now :p.. But still i'm wishing you the best in your studies :). Appreciate your time there in Kyuem, it's a very good platform and foundation before you go to Uk/Us(i'm not sure which one you're heading to).. See you at the top, jazakallahukhair :)
I'm linking you k