Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Operate the brain..

Salamullah 'alaikum..

Dear friends. How are you? I hope all of us are in our best state of health. I really don't know what to do right now since I've just ceased studying. Perhaps this'll be the longest holiday I'll ever meet. Can you share the sadness I've been feeling after being expelled by the college? The college doesn't need me any longer. I've to say farewell to my friends and teachers though I don't really want to. It's suffocating in here. But I guess things just can't change and it's natural selection to be chased out of college in a polite way-graduation. hehe. This also means that my next destination is UK. InsyaAllah.

In this session, I want to say few perspectives of mine. This is a true story. It's indeed a simple issue that anyone could follow and think logically. Nevertheless, simplicity kills the mind. People just don't find way to deal with simplicity when they're used to complexity. This is a story of me. And several of my friends. It involves both sexes. It may touch the boundary of love and relationship. But that might not be discussed in here. I'm talking about how the eyes see and perceive accordingly when fallacy in judging surpassed the power of knowledge.

As a starting point, I'd loved to quote a hadith. Yes! Evidence ranks no 1 in anything. Everyone knows that. Hadith Sahih is more than enough to witness the truth right? And so it goes :

"Sesungguhnya seseorang itu akan mengerjakan sesuatu dari amalan penghuni syurga sehingga jaraknya antara amalan itu dengan syurga hanyalah sehasta, lalu dia didahului oleh ketetapannya, lalu dia mengerjakan sesuatu amalan dari penghuni ahli neraka, maka dia pun memasuki neraka itu" hadith riwayat Bukhari.

"Sesungguhnya seseorang itu akan mengerjakan sesuatu dari amalan penghuni neraka, padahal dia tergolong dalam penghuni syurga. dan seseorang yang lain akan mengerjakan sesuatu amalan ahli syurga, padahal dia tergolong penghuni neraka. Dan sesungguhnya amalan itu dikira yang terkahir daripadanya." Riwayat Bukhari.

Firstly, I am sorry because there are no arabic version of the hadith due to my weakness in typing them in arabic. But I assure you that both hadiths can be found in the book of 'dosa-dosa besar' by Imam Az-Zahabi.

The meaning of the hadith may give you a cue about what I'm going to talk about. All of us want the best in life. Good mate, good children, good life, good knowledge, good upbringing, good reputation, good status and every goodness you can mention. It's been a norm to hear that religious parents want their sons to marry 'solehah' wives. On the contrary, the rich wants his child to marry a mate from a family of quite equal status as he possesses regardless of his or her religious and righteous belief. This segregation is blatant. Anyone from any tribe can sense this.

I personally think that everyone should be given equal chance of being treated. Yes, I do have many friends of different background. Since I was a kid, I befriend with good ones. When I say good, it automatically refers to good islamic practice and knowledge. Even in school, my friends also understood islam and practice it as their way of life. However, when I stepped into the college, I met real people from different spectrum of origins. Believe me they really don't even know how to recite doa, the simplest form of mukmin guardian.

Religious peers continued to glance at those who weren't brought up by their parents in islamic way as parasites. While at the same time, these so-called 'parasites' prefer to mix with themselves rather than finding common point between both groups.

I myself do have a perspective. While our parents want the best for us, only Allah knows what is the 'best'. Is the 'best' simply marrying a girl with tudung whom resembles a good muslimah? Theoretically, as being taught since our childhood, yes it may seem true. Let's modify some of the parameters to see whether the theory fits the real world situation. How if our future wife-to-be lack in the knowledge about islam? And we know the fact that her family didn't nourish her well in islamic culture. Now comes the big question. Can a good muslim marry this kind of lovely and kind-hearted lady who actually has the very slightest tendency to embrace real islam? Tendency is a form of possibility. Can a possibility turn into probability? Of course yes! Good minds always grasp positive side.

I believe my own parents won't simply allow me to marry such a girl. However, let's look back at what the hadith says. No matter how good we are in life, the importang thing is what we are in the end. The same applies to this situation. No matter how bad and evil we were in our past, Allah is still forgiving and hidayah is His. Who are we to judge who are 'ahli syurga' and who are 'ahli neraka'. This is too feeble to speculate and spectate. It's god's will. Let's stop branding people. Stop doing the sins of grabbing Allah's right to locate His slaves whether in hell or heaven. I'm afraid that this small attitude of ours will swallow all the good deeds we did throughout the life.

Dear friends. Let's change. We all did commit sins either big or small. The point is we still did. Let's stop isolating the 'parasites'. Stop this ever entangling chain of customary on our neck. It's time to start. Start giving people hope. Hope to join the goods. Hope to hop into the heaven. Hope to hope for blessings and forgiveness. May Allah give us strength to lead and may Allah open up their hearts to be led.

Thanks.

12 comments:

Amelia said...

Stab :D I really enjoy your writing style! Anyway, I just wanted to say that even though we come from different faiths I have to agree with what you've shared in your post today. I think many times we are blinded by our own prejudices, and also our own anger at being 'righteous practitioners' of our own faith (as opposed to others who may be 'parasites') to the point that we get frustrated that God's love encompassess both the holy (whom we 'believe' to be us) and the sinful (whom we 'believe' to be everyone else) We need to stop pointing fingers at others and look inwards. There's a quote in the bible that says before we criticise our brother for having a piece of sawdust in his eye, we need to take out the wooden beam that is in our own (this is paraphrased) :) Anyway, I've bookmarked your blog and will be coming back more often! Amelia

Stabilo Soleh said...

ohh it's amelia foong!!!
I'm so surprised to see you here :)
how can you find this dismal blog?hehe..
btw, thanks for stopping by to read..
really appreciate that..

I bet you must be wondering whether this blog is really mine right?
Actually, I have a secret..
I hire someone to write this for me..
hahahaha..kidding

Yes yes yes..
I do share the same view as yours..
although we're of different belief,
that shouldn't create a boundary between our thoughts generally..

btw, this is me in cyber world..
I wont say these things if you ask me to when we meet..haha
in fact, people dont expect me to write these things..
but I really enjoyed spreading good writings here for at least people dont need to know me first before jotting down good points from my writing..hehe

hope to see you soon..
thanks again amelia..

jar_of_heartzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stabilo Soleh said...

hahahaha..
it's funny la jannah..
1st of all,thanks for visiting this blog..
but again, this is my personal diary..
I never invite anyone to come by, say things and then go..hehe

your words seem reasonable..
I should take note on that..
but I've never mentioned about a girl or any particular individual whom you tried to relate to..
It did succeed but again this is too far my friend..
Actually, I'm creating this blog with a hope that it'd be free from any violation and commentary..
I did realize the possibility of being criticized once accepting the terms and conditions..
but again, don't you think you just interfered and said too much sweetie? :)

thanks for the advice btw..
I enjoyed reading it..truthfully..enjoy doesn't necessarily mean happy but it kinda reached my heart..tq for that :)

however, as you've crossed certain lines, I've to use some defensive shield as my protection..
1st of all, neither in any of my writing nor in whatever universe did I mention about marrying a girl without tudung or religion..none!

2ndly, I've never said about myself having done any sin..so everyone else..

3rdly, I challenge you..get someone 'different' from you..doesn't have to be opposite gender-it might be easier experiment for you..try to get her to wear tudung..after 6 months, guarantee me you are just the same person as you were initially..okay?

4thly, I don't care what others say.."don't care" doesn't mean denying the truth in what others say..I meant not to over emphasize what others suggest since everyone has his own motive and strategy in life..

finally, never feel superior about having tudung covering your aurat over others who don't have..it had been stated by rasul that lotsssssssss of women either wearing one or not would be burnt greatly in HELL..please remember my sis that there are still much other things we should be concern of to return to His embrace safely..

sorry if you find harshness in my reply..
believe me it is seriousness..and it's different from rudeness..
you give me peace I return you back :)
all the best in your life too..
great to meet kind person like you..thank you

Amelia said...

Haha Stab, I've known about your blog from quite a while back already; it's just I didn't have time to read because of A-levels. So yeap. Hope you find time to update more in the future :) Maybe we'll see each other again before we go to the UK. Results day, perhaps :D

Haq Mohaidin said...

agree.its funny when we get irritated at some of the american ppl for discriminating a person with tudung, but here in malaysia some of us do discriminate a person without tudung.

dont worry too much about 'what people see' stab, its too subjective, thus can easily exaggerated =)

Unknown said...

Slm bro,

First of all, I really have to say that I AM quite surprised with this post. The first thought I had was: "Apa daa, Naufal pun dh bleh tulis love mode nyer entri? Ape citer?" Hope u r not offended.

Yes, I do agree we are constantly bound by general conceptualization or what we called it as first impressions, perceptions etc. Which will then with 99% lead to the topic we r discussing atm.

While u did bring up some good points. However, we must bear in mind ideas, concepts or dreams without effort or actions so to speak can be considered thrash or should I say in a much nicer way: childish.

And should I say that Allah has beautifully illustrated this in the following verse:

"Bad statements are for bad people (or bad women for bad men) and bad people for bad statements (or bad men for bad women). Good statements are for good people (or good women for good men) and good people for good statements (or good men for good women), such (good people) are innocent of (each and every) bad statement which they say, for them is Forgiveness, and Rizqun Karim (generous provision i.e.Paradise). (An-Nur verse 26)taken from the translation of noble Quran.

What Allah is trying to tell us is to make effort. Yes, you can say that particular "someone" is interested in learning the true Islam. But as I said earlier, ideas without action is up to the point just daydreaming by the end of the day.

Of course, I also need to point out I am not against marrying such women. Nor do I have any prejudice given to women without the hijab. Alhamdulilah, Allah has given me the chance to see the real world in a different kinds of perspective and situations. So I don't have any problems with these kinds at all.

So, what I'm trying to say is:klu nk deal ngan parents mcm tu (tak tuju kat parents naufal jer, sape2 pun), first you have to make an effort, show them that this girl really have the determination. Takkan lah nk tunggu dh nikah br nk start berubah? Evidence, my friend. As per what u say, we are the so-called evidence society.(Huhu).The key word here is "effort".

Also, we need to bear in mind even though it IS ur life, ur parents still have a say on it. They know what is best and what is wrong for u. But of course, not everything.

Hope u find this comment well. Sorry lah terkomen lebih2 even though I do not know ur circumstances in detail. But yeah, this is my share of thought for u.

Lastly, they say love is blind. And true enough, how many people have made mistakes and regret it by the end of the day? In my humble opinion, klu stakat nk kawen sbb nk halalkan benda2 haram jer baik takyah. Ingt ak tak nak kawen awal2 ke? Huhu. Bcoz it is a big responsibility which I think is not appropriate to discuss it here.

WaAllahua'lam.

jar_of_heartzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stabilo Soleh said...

to Hisham:

hey bro..long time no see huh..btw,thanx for reading..it's not a love story lah..haha..but some weirdos like virgoblue crap apa ntah yg suka focus sesuka hati define it that way..no matter what it is, this is only about perspectives..how we see with heart and mind rather than eyes only..hey hey..xmainlah kisah cinta dlm blog..personal life aku xshare di sini okay..hehe

to jannah:

again, what are you talking??? some defensive crap ke?? kalau rasa nak masuk debate, opportunity kat college tu cukup luas dah..xperlu nak masuk blog murahan nak ignite unnecessary fights..

"3rd:the challenge eh...i dont want to show it to anybody what I've done but just wanna say u dont need to give that challenge because I've done it...Alhamdulillah that person change and keep changing to the positive side until this moment...I borrowed someone's word...that person said,"BEING CLOSE AND TAKE CARE OF THE PERSON YOU WANT TO APPROACH AT LEAST EVERY HOUR IF YOU CAN"...It's your choice too,stab...no one force us to do what they want...IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE FREE TO CHOOSE"

what is this??bragging ke??haha..kalau rasa hebat, then you are good..but this is a channel to show that kind of things.pergi post kat blog sdri lah about you have done as a muslimah..

"4th:wearing tudung is a big part of a muslimah's life...i myself never wear tudung before...only wear it during school time and some other events..."

again, xhabis2 isu tudung..siapa yang discuss pasal tudung dekat sini???and i really don't understand what you are trying to convey..when you were back in school, I just want to know what would your feeling be if good people were 'discriminating' against you who still didn't wear tudung properly?? Do you think that you can reach this kind of level which you can consider yourself as good?? hello..the same goes to any specific individual you were trying to relate to here..if people like you keep saying stuff like this in my blog pulak tu, diorg yang sama mcm you dulu2 tu mana xtakutnya nak approach islam..tapi berkobar2 cerita sumbangan itu ini..kalau awak rasa awak dah cukup bagus buat itu ini, then janganlah nak komen sesuka hati yang mungkin menyinggung atau membantutkan cita2 org lain yg try nak berubah..please!!if you still want to do this, please find another blog.. I dont have room for that.. bukan ke diam tu lebih baik dari sibuk sakitkan hati org or kacau usaha org lain..ingat aku bodoh sgt ke xde usaha langsung or bodoh agama sgt..sabarlah cik kak..masing2 ada agenda..please

"P/S:Have you ever experienced this??? You respect someone too much and even you made his/her your role model until one day he/she did something really unexpected and not even one time only but many times...You saw it with your naked eyes...And then you turn into a person who just feel he/she is a human being that's all...In the end,you realise it is a mistake to respect someone too much??? have u ever experience that??? just asking..."

ni lagi satu..apebenda role model semua ni??xcukup ke nabi muhammad sebagai role model??? apa ada lagi ke manusia lain dlm blog ni yg kau jumpa sbgai role model kau??and again, ape kaitan dengan post saya kali ni??ya allah..kelakar lah you ni..ni conflict dalaman sendiri ni..janganlah bawak isu ni ke sini maybe counselor boleh tolong ke..okay?

sorry lah terpaksa ckp terus terang tapi dah mls nak debat bnda2 yg bukan isu pun tapi saje je xde keje nak jadikan isu..aku fhm ape kau nak sampaikan sbnarnye..aku just nak cakap keburukan org jgn dicari dosa tu..org yg buat dosa tu sedar dia berdosa..dia pun nak mintak ampun..tapi yang lagi parah orang yang sibuk tuding dosa orang lain xsedar perbuatan tu berdosa..bila xsedar diri sdri buat dosa mcmmana nak mintak ampun dari allah? fikirkanlah..

jar_of_heartzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jar_of_heartzzz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nurulhusnazubir said...

stab..best sgt2 post ko..sorry..my comment isn't as long as the others, but i do njoy reading it! :D update2 lagi!